Ottawa, ON-September 13, 2012—Harris Utilities today formally released CustomerConnect, the customer engagement solution that brings the intelligence and value of the smart infrastructure directly to residential and commercial consumers. Rich with sophisticated tools that engage customers and empower them to control their resource consumption, CustomerConnect can be implemented in any utility, regardless of existing smart grid technology.
“CustomerConnect puts power in the hands of consumers. It gives them the tools to track their energy usage in real time, notify their utilities of service interruptions and adjust their habits to save money and reach conservation goals,” says Norm Daigle, executive vice-president of CustomerConnect. “It helps electric, water and gas utilities of any size demonstrate the real value of their smart infrastructure investment.”
CustomerConnect offers innovative and original functionality that helps utilities meet government regulatory requirements, grow public participation in key conservation programs and facilitate business process improvements to save money in the short- and long-term.
CustomerConnect establishes an open and direct relationship between utilities and their customers. It allow consumers to:
- view business and household consumption patterns on a near-real-time basis, and in easy-to-understand graphic and tabular formats,
- design and receive fully customizable reports for delivery to any electronic device,
- monitor excessive-consumption patterns,
- download targeted educational material,
- create multiple account profiles, and
- access account data from their smart phones or tablets.
CustomerConnect helps homeowners and businesses measure, monitor and manage usage patterns, access targeted educational materials and address account questions without ever needing to contact the utility’s customer service representatives. It is entirely modular. Utilities can pick and choose from specific applications and modules that are important at the time of implementation, then later grow CustomerConnect according to their evolving needs and the changing needs of their customers.
Behind the scenes, CustomerConnect offers a series of features and benefits for utilities. It:
- operates seamlessly with any vendor’s advanced metering infrastructure (AMI), meter data management (MDM) application and customer information system (CIS),
- can be easily branded and customized by a utility administrator to suit customers’ particular needs,
- collects and displays data on a near-real-time basis, thereby eliminating the need for utilities to store customer-consumption data,
- enables service staff to access customer-account data in the same way as end users, and
- facilitates the marketing of specific information to targeted user groups.
CustomerConnect is an entirely original consumer-focused product, and the first dedicated application that puts more than 35 years of Harris Utilities’ industry knowledge directly in front of consumers—giving them a simple, reliable and intuitive experience.
CustomerConnect is an engagement solution that transforms the way utilities interact with their customers. Designed in close collaboration with a range of consumer groups, the solution gives customers direct, web-based access to account information and unprecedented insight into resource use. Built for utilities, it helps demonstrate the value of, and power behind, smart infrastructure investments to help shift customer behavior and deliver rapid results from conservation programs.
For more information, visit www.custconnect.com.
T: +1-613-226-5511, ext. 2085